An elaborately dressed man was traveling to a party. On his way, a farmer handed him some peanuts and said, “Here’s some food for your journey.”
The man replied, “I’m about to eat rare gourmet food—I have no use for peanuts!” And with that, threw the peanuts in the mud and left.
Half a mile later, however, he encountered a river that was more torrid than usual, and concluded that he could not make it across. He had to turn back and head for home.
On his way back, it grew late in the evening, and the man’s belly yearned for food. Remembering the peanuts he had causally tossed away earlier, he had no choice but to laboriously pick them out of the mud one by one for his dinner.
Moral & Thoughts
- Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God’s handwriting. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Take advantage of every opportunity to practice your communication skills so that when important occasions arise, you will have the gift, the style, the sharpness, the clarity, and the emotions to affect other people. - Jim Rohn
- Learn to listen. Opportunity could be knocking at your door very softly.
- The less you know about an opportunity, the more attractive it is.
- Nothing is more expensive than a missed opportunity. - H.Jackson Brown JR.
- If you need a miracle, be a miracle
- Forgive others not because they deserve forgiveness
- I am awake – Inspirational Buddha Story
- It Doesn’t Matter
- Why You Should Meditate
- Try to imagine a life without timekeeping
- Inspirational Short Story By Kahlil Gibran
- We Are All One – An Inspiring Short Film To Watch
- Be Still In The Dark – Inspirational Poem
- Early Morning Winter